10 Glorious Days of Commerce
and Networking, as Trade Fair Ends
11th November, 2002)
The 22nd Lagos International Trade Fair came
to a close today. From a humble background in 1980, the annual fair has
become the most popular and widely participated trade show in Nigeria
and indeed Africa. This year's events took a different turn with
noticeable increase in exhibitors/participants and an astronomical leap
in the visitors. The people that visited the fair today is in the
neighbourhood of 65,000. (more)
Exhibitors' Stands Competing For Space (Posted
4th November, 2002)
at the fair ground, activity is upbeat with exhibitors getting their
acts together setting up their stands to attract the throng of visitors
to the fair ground. Quite unlike yesterday after the opening ceremony
when scanty stands were in place, today, as if by magic most exhibitors'
stands were in place. The turnout at the fair today was impressive with
over 12, 000 visitors. (more)
Lagos Trade Fair
Returns Back to Base, Opens Amidst Fun Fair (Posted
1st November, 2002)
eagerly anticipated Lagos International Trade Fair 2002 finally started
today, Friday 1st of November 2002 with much pomp and pageantry. The
most striking thing about this year’s fair is the fact that it is being
held at the ultra-modern Lagos International Trade Fair Complex along
Badagry Expressway, Lagos which is a departure from its sojourn at the
Tafawa-Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos for some years now. (more)
Fair News Here...
ORGANISATION AND SCOPE OF THE FAIR
The 2002 Lagos International Trade Fair
is being organised by the Lagos Chambers of commerce and Industry. The
fair, which is staged with the support and co-operation of the Federal
and state Governments, will cover all aspects of Business and Economic
activities in Nigeria. It offers a unique exposition for manufacturers,
suppliers, buyers and users of wide range of goods and services as well
as opportunities for investment promotion.
The Fair will focus attention on Nigeria's economic restructuring
programme and the prospects for private sector investment in priority
The main objectives of the fair are to:
· Promote revitalisation and diversification of the Nigerian Economy;
· Promote Nigeria's non-oil export;
· Promote accelerated development of Commerce and industry;
· Promote made in Nigeria products;
· Promote agriculture and agro-based industry;
· Spotlight the evolution of Nigeria's trade with the outside world;
· Direct attention to the role of private sector in the Nigeria economy;
· Indicate prospects for foreign and local private investments in
It is anticipated that the fair will attract over 250,000 visitors
within and outside the country including businessmen, investors,
customers, top government officials and representatives of Nigeria's
important trading houses and those seeking joint-venture
promotion/partnership with well meaning Nigerian Firms and government
WHO TO PARTICIPATE
· Business organisations in Nigeria
· Overseas firms and Government
· ECOWAS member States
· Diplomatic Missions and Trade Representatives
· Federal and State Government-owned companies
· Agencies and Parastatals
· Research and Education Institutions
· The General Public.
WHY YOU SHOULD EXHIBIT?
· Lagos State is the gateway and commercial nerve centre of Nigeria.
With over 100 million people, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa.
Lagos is the HUB of Nigeria's business and economic activities as well
as the main port of entry into the country.
· The fair is an important regular business development aimed at special
audience including professionals, businessmen and investors.
· The fair is for Nigerian enterprises seeking wider access to internal
market and international companies and investors seeking joint-venture
partners and market for intermediate and capital goods in Nigeria and
the ECOWAS community.
In line with the country's development priorities, special emphasis will
be given to products and services in the following sectors.
(a) Agriculture and food production.
1. Crop production and seed multiplication
3. Handling/Storage/Process equipment and machines
6. Primary food preservation and processing.
7. Food Beverages- New products.
(b) Building and construction materials and systems
1. Building materials
2. Building and Civil engineering plants
3. Construction equipment
4. Sewage and water treatment plants and system
5. Town planning and environmental sanitation
(c) Industrial and Production machinery including
1. Consumer goods production plants and machinery
2. Materials handling and Storage equipment
3. Metal working equipment
4. Machine tools
5. Woodworking machinery
6. Maintenance equipment
(d) Oil, Gas and Petro-chemical
1. Exploration and production
2. Refining and Marketing
3. Petro-chemical products e.g. fertilisers, carbon black, fibres,
resins and plastic
(e) Mining and Energy
1. Mining equipment
2. Electrical equipment
3. Power generation/distribution
(f) Transport and Aviation
1. Passenger vehicles
2. Heavy duty trucks and vehicles
3. Automotive component and spare parts
4. Aircraft, airport equipment
5. Railway and ports engineering components
1. Communication equipment
3. Telephone and Telex
(h) Business Equipment and Data Processing systems
1. Business and accounting machines
2. Computer and Data Processing machines
(i) Training and Education
1. Educational systems and Equipment
2. Scientific and medical teaching equipment
3. Engineering and Technical teaching equipment
4. Sports and Recreational equipment
(j) Health Care and safety Equipment.
1. Hospital equipment
3. Safety and protective Clothing
4. Fire protection and fire fighting equipment
5. Security systems
(k) Banking and Finance Services
1. Commercial and Merchant Banking service
2. Development Finance
3. Money and capital market
(j) Scientific/Technological Break-throughs
1. Researched findings
2. Scientific innovations
SPACE RENTAL AND SERVICES
The minimum space for any Exhibitors/Exhibition will be 30m2
Hall 4 $137 USD
Other Halls $137 USD
Outdoor $137 USD
**The above spaces are non-constructed.
Other services charges are as follows:
Basic Charge = $500 USD
Electricity is compulsory for every Exhibitor.
B. Water = $200 USD on request
C. Telephone = $200 USD on request
All application for participation shall be made on the prescribed
application form, which shall be submitted together
Application forms are available and obtainable from all Nigeria
Diplomatic and Consular Missions abroad, the federal and State
Ministries of trade and also at the Secretariats of all Chambers of
Commerce in Nigeria.
Application for Special Day at the fair.
A special day is a unique opportunity to take the Centre Stage at the
Central Location/Stand known as the focus. The high points of the Trade
Fair including Opening and Closing ceremonies, the address by National
President, State Governors and Local Government Chairman, indeed many
reputable organisations and companies' activities all happen at the